Peanut Butter and Jelly Pizza Recipe | Mythical Kitchen
Today, Mythical Chef Josh is combining two childhood favorites, peanut butter & jelly and pepperoni pizza. Make your own with the recipe below! MK #003
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/mythicalkitchen?sub_confirmation=1
Inspired by today's GMM: 'Is Peanut Butter And Jelly Good In Everything?' GMM #1684: https://youtu.be/5kZ0dlTWNZE
Click the bell icon so you'll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJhk71Ip3rIzHOFY3Edw2pw
Snack Smash - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oKYv5beEZpH5hP8aA5ahGKQ
Food Fears - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oK6vh1N6DOYcdWzGyuAxjtN
Food Feats - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJI4IG7pZ-y792AHI4vIbWD
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at https://mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Join the Mythical Society: https://www.mythicalsociety.com
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh's Instagram: https://instagram.com/mythicalchefjosh
Check Out Our Other Mythical Channels:
Good Mythical Morning: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmorning
Rhett & Link: https://youtube.com/rhettandlink
Ear Biscuits: https://applepodcasts.com/earbiscuits
Good Mythical MORE: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmore
Want to send us something? https://mythical.com/contact
Dough - 0:42
Sauce - 2:14
Top & Bake - 4:40
Makes 1 pizza (6 slices)
Total time: 2 hours 45 minutes
Active time: 35 minutes
Step 1: Dough
* 3 cups flour + extra for dusting
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1 ½ tsp yeast
* ¾ tsp salt
* 1 cup warm water
* 2 tsp olive oil + 1 tsp
1) Use a fork to combine flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a large mixing bowl. Add the water and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and continue to mix with a fork until a dough forms.
2) Lightly flour a cutting board or clean counter surface and turn the dough out. Use your hands to knead the dough for 5 minutes. If the dough is too wet and sticks to your hands, add more flour.
3) Use the remaining olive oil to grease the bottom of a mixing bowl. Add the dough to the bowl then wrap in plastic, OR COVER THE BOWL WITH YOUR MYTHICAL KITCHEN TOWEL ;-), and let set out at room temp for at least two hours (make your sauce during this time!). Either use immediately or throw in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Step 2: Sauce
* 1/2 cup peanut butter
* 1 cup chicken stock
* 1 Tbsp canola oil
* ⅓ cup chopped onion
* 2 minced garlic cloves
* 2 Tbsp tomato paste
* ½ tsp salt
* ¼ tsp chili flake
* ¼ tsp dried thyme
* ½ tsp Maggi seasoning (substitute soy sauce if you can’t find it)
1) Warm chicken stock in a small sauce pot and add peanut butter. Whisk together until combined.
2) Heat oil in an additional medium sauce pot on medium-high and add onions, garlic, chili flake, salt, tomato paste, and dried thyme and sautee for 10 minutes until vegetables are softened. Add in your peanut butter and stock mixture and whisk, then add Maggi seasoning (or, to reiterate, soy sauce).
Step 3: Top and Bake
* 2/3 cup grape jelly
* ¼ cup red wine vinegar
* ½ fresh habanero pepper
* 15 or so grapes, sliced in half
* 1 portion pizza dough
* ½ tsp olive oil
* 1 portion sauce
* 10-ish pepperoni slices
* 1 block low-moisture mozzarella
1) Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Heat a small sauce pot on medium high. Add red wine vinegar and jelly to the pot and whisk until the jelly is melted and smooth. Add the habanero and allow it to steep.
2) Drop in your grapes and poach for about 15 minutes, or until the grapes are soft and infused with the jelly.
3) Flour a surface and use your hands to press the pizza dough into a round. Grab the edges of the pizza dough and quickly turn your hands around the edges to form a sturdy crust and a thin center. Use a rolling pin to create it if you need to! There’s no shame in that game!
4) Oil the bottom of a round pizza pan then stretch your dough over the top until the crusts fit the edges of the pan. Oil the crust as well.
5) Spread a layer of the peanut butter sauce over top of the dough, then add cheese, pepperoni, and bake for about 10 minutes until the crust gets nicely browned.
6) Remove the pizza and top with poached grapes as well as some of that sweet spicy grape jelly syrup. Slice and enjoy—assuming you’re into that type of thing.