Oreo Biscuits and Gravy Recipe
Today, Mythical Chef Josh is pushing the limits of Oreos and making Oreo Biscuits and Gravy. Make your own version with the recipe below! MK #009
Note that today's content was recorded in advance of the US outbreak of COVID-19. Please excuse any reference that is no longer accurate or seemingly disrespectful or unhealthy due to general effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/mythicalkitchen?sub_confirmation=1
Check out our weekly podcast, A Hot Dog Is A Sandwich! https://www.mythical.com/hotdog
Click the bell icon so you'll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJhk71Ip3rIzHOFY3Edw2pw
Snack Smash - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oKYv5beEZpH5hP8aA5ahGKQ
Food Fears - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oK6vh1N6DOYcdWzGyuAxjtN
Food Feats - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJI4IG7pZ-y792AHI4vIbWD
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at https://mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Join the Mythical Society: https://www.mythicalsociety.com
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh's Instagram: https://instagram.com/mythicalchefjosh
Check Out Our Other Mythical Channels:
Good Mythical Morning: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmorning
Rhett & Link: https://youtube.com/rhettandlink
Ear Biscuits: https://applepodcasts.com/earbiscuits
Good Mythical MORE: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmore
Want to send us something? https://mythical.com/contact
Biscuits - 0:37
Cream Filling - 4:14
Gravy - 5:46
Makes 8 biscuits
Total time: 45 minutes
Active time: 40 minutes
Step 1: Making the Biscuits
* 2 ¼ cups AP flour
* ½ c black cocoa powder
* 4 TBSP ground cookies
* 2 tbsp baking powder
* ¼ tsp baking soda
* 2 tsp salt
* ¼ c sugar
* 1 c butter
* 1 cup buttermilk
1) Add cookies to a food processor and pulse until a fine powder is made. Add a touch of flour to aid in the powdering process.
2) Combine with the rest of the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda and black cocoa. If you can’t get black cocoa use, dutch processed cocoa and a little black food dye!
3) Slowly start to use your fingers to mash the butter and shortening into the flour until they are pea sized.
4) Stream in your cold buttermilk. Do not overwork the dough.
Turn out dough onto a floured surface. Knead a little bit. Fold over and create layers for a super flaky, layer-y biscuit. Flour your biscuit cutter and cut out 8 pristine biscuits.
6) Place on sheet pan with silpat.
7) Brush with cream and place in the oven until cooked.
* Food Processor
* Large bowl with measured flour in it
* Medium bowl
* Pyrex measuring cup with buttermilk measured in it
* Pastry brush
* Sheet pan
* Biscuit cutter
Step 2: Making the Cream Fillings
* 1 cup coconut oil
* 2 cups powdered sugar
* ¼ c candy melts
1) Heat candy melts in a double boiler.
2) Combine the powdered sugar and the coconut oil. Use your hands a little!
3) Stream in your candy melts.
4) Remove solid mass from your bowl and smooth out on a sheet tray with a silpat.
5) Place in the freezer until the filling is set.
* Small pot with boiling water
* Medium bowl on top of small pot
* Silicone spatula
* Sheet Pan with silpat
* Offset spatula
Step 3: Make Gravy and Enjoy!
* 1 cup half n half
* 2 tbsp butter
* 2 tbsp flour
* ¼ c powdered sugar
* ¼ c candy melts
* ⅛ tsp salt
1) Heat the butter and flour in a medium sized pot.
2) Whisk until a roux has been formed.
3) Stream in your half n half. Whisk until thick and beautiful. Add your powdered sugar, candy melts, and salt.
* Medium pot
* Regular spoon