Mac and Cheese Pizza Recipe
Today, Josh, Nicole, and Trevor are teaching you Mac and Cheese infused meals you can make at home. Make your own with the recipes below! MK #021
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/mythicalkitchen?sub_confirmation=1
Check out our podcast, A Hot Dog Is A Sandwich! https://www.mythical.com/hotdog
Click the bell icon so you'll know when we add a new video!
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at https://mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh's Instagram: https://instagram.com/mythicalchefjosh
Pizza - 0:38
Potato Skins - 5:07
Buffalo Chicken - 9:44
Mac n Cheese Pizza—Josh
* 1 box Kraft Mac n Cheese
* 4 Tbsp butter
* ¼ cup milk
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
For Pepperoni Pizza
* ½ cup marinara sauce
* 1 cup mozzarella cheese
* 12 pepperoni slices
For Alfredo Pizza
* 1 cup alfredo sauce
* 1 cup mozzarella cheese
* ½ cup cooked diced chicken breast
* 2 Tbsp thawed peas
* 2 Tbsp sliced mushrooms
* 2 Tbsp diced onions
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cook mac n cheese according to the directions on the box. (Boil noodles, strain, then add to a pan with the cheese packet, butter, and milk. Stir to combine, then turn off the heat). And allow the mac n cheese to cool for 15 minutes.
2) Add mozzarella cheese and an egg into the mac n cheese then stir to fully combine. (make sure your macaroni is adequately cooled, otherwise the egg will scramble.)
3) Either grease down a baking dish (like a cast iron skillet) with vegetable oil, or line it with parchment paper, and add your eggy mac n cheese, patting evenly across the pan until you have a uniform layer, and bake for 20 minutes.
4) Remove the crust, add a layer of sauce, then cheese, then the toppings of your choice, and bake for an additional 15 minutes until cheese is golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then slice and enjoy.
5) DIP IT RANCH YOU COWARDS!
Mac N Cheese Potato Skins—Nicole
* 2 russet/AP potatoes
* 2 tsp salt, devided
* 3 tablespoons oil
* 1 box Mac and cheese, cooked according to directions
* 1/3 c cheese
* 1/3 c butter
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* 1/4-1/3 c half and half
* 4 tbsp sour cream
* 1 bunch fresh chives
* As many bacon bits as you want!
1) Preheat the oven for 500 degrees.
2) Cover potatoes in oil and salt, reserving 2 tablespoon of oil for later. Wrap in foil.
3) Bake the potato in the oven for about an hour.
4) Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly.
5) Remove from foil. Slice in half. Scoop out the centers in a bowl, leaving behind the intact skins for filling.
6) Brush the potato halves with reserved oil. Place your halved potatoes back in the oven on a sheet pan and let them crisp up for 5-7 minutes. Remove once crisped up.
7) Add your Mac, shredded cheese, butter, half and half, salt and pepper to the potato innards.
8) Mix well.
9) Fill your potato skins with the Mac/potato mixture.
10) Bake at 450 for about 10-15 minutes.
11) Remove from the oven and top with sour cream, more cheese, chives and bacon bits!
Buffalo Chicken Mac n Cheese—Trevor
* 1 box Kraft Mac and Cheese
* 1 Boneless Chicken Breast
* ⅓ cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo sauce (or any buffalo sauce you enjoy)
* 3 tbsp honey
* 1 tsp chili powder
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tbsp olive oil
1) Whisk together buffalo sauce, 2 tbsp honey, chili powder, salt, and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Set aside ¼ cup of marinade and add the remaining marinade to a large freezer bag. Pound chicken thin and add to the bag with marinade. Make sure it’s evenly coated and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, up to overnight.
2) When chicken is marinated and ready to be cooked pull out of the refrigerator and allow to sit for 15 minutes. While chicken is resting, cook mac n cheese according to the directions on the box. (Boil noodles, strain, then add to a pan with the cheese packet, butter, and milk. Stir to combine, then turn off the heat). And allow the mac n cheese to cool for 15 minutes.
3) While mac and cheese is resting, heat a non stick skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the chicken and let it cook undisturbed for 4-5 minutes until browned. Turn the chicken over and reduce heat to medium and let cook for another 6-7 minutes until it is cooked through. Remove from pan and let rest.
4) While the cooked chicken is resting, take the ¼ cup of marinade that you saved, (not that was touching the chicken) and add a tbsp of honey to it and mix together. Glaze the chicken using this mixture and cut into strips. Mix remaining glaze into mac and cheese and then lay the chicken on top of the mac and cheese in a way that pleases you. Now eat it, goober.