Gatorade Muffins Recipe
Today, Mythical Chef Josh is teaching you how to make Gatorade Muffins. MK #024
These muffins were originally made in Will It Muffin?, GMM S15 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_HJFOxde0s
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/mythicalkitchen?sub_confirmation=1
Check out our podcast, A Hot Dog Is A Sandwich! https://www.mythical.com/hotdog
Click the bell icon so you'll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJhk71Ip3rIzHOFY3Edw2pw
Snack Smash - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oKYv5beEZpH5hP8aA5ahGKQ
Food Fears - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oK6vh1N6DOYcdWzGyuAxjtN
Food Feats - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJI4IG7pZ-y792AHI4vIbWD
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at https://mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Join the Mythical Society: https://www.mythicalsociety.com
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh's Instagram: https://instagram.com/mythicalchefjosh
Check Out Our Other Mythical Channels:
Good Mythical Morning: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmorning
Rhett & Link: https://youtube.com/rhettandlink
Ear Biscuits: https://applepodcasts.com/earbiscuits
Good Mythical MORE: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmore
Want to send us something? https://mythical.com/contact
Reduction - 0:53
Batter - 2:22
Streusel & Bake - 5:58
Step 1: Reduce Your Gatorade
* 64 oz Cool Blue Gatorade
1) Heat a large sauce pot on high and add your Gatorade. Use whatever color/flavor you want! Boil for 45 minutes until mixture has become thick and syrupy and coats a spoon. You should end up with about 8 ounces of liquid.
* Large sauce pot
Step 2: Make the muffin base
* 2 cups AP flour
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp baking powder
* ¾ cup softened butter
* ½ cup sugar
* 2 eggs
* ½ cup sour cream
* ½ cup gatorade reduction
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder, and set aside.
2) In another large mixing bowl, whisk together butter and sugar until creamy, then add in one egg, and whisk for 30 seconds. Add the second egg, and whisk for an additional 30 seconds. Once mixture is well combined, whisk in sour cream and gatorade reduction.
3) Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk slowly until no lumps exist.
4) Add muffin papers to a muffin tin and fill until batter comes ¾ of the way up the paper.
* Large mixing bowl
* Muffin tin
* Muffin papers
Step 3: Make the streusel topping and bake
* 2 Tbsp softened butter
* 2 ounces gatorade reduction
* 3/4 cup flour
1) Whisk together butter and gatorade reduction until a creamy pale blue mixture has formed.
2) Add to flour and use a fork to create a crumbly texture. Add the streusel topping to the top of the muffin batter and bake for 5 minutes, then drop the oven temperature to 350 and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.
3) Allow muffins to cool for 15 minutes before eating.
4) Eat it and wash it down with some refreshing Cool Blue Gatorade ;-).
* Small mixing bowl