Funnel Cake Grilled Cheese Recipe | Mythical Kitchen
Today, Mythical Chef Josh is combining the beloved grilled cheese sandwich with funnel cake to create a sweet and savory masterpiece, the funnel cake grilled cheese sandwich. Make your own with the recipe below! MK #005
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/mythicalkitchen?sub_confirmation=1
Check out this recipe on today's episode of Good Mythical Morning, 'Will It Grill Cheese?' GMM #1690: https://youtu.be/FCXXnxS8WXQ
Click the bell icon so you'll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJhk71Ip3rIzHOFY3Edw2pw
Snack Smash - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oKYv5beEZpH5hP8aA5ahGKQ
Food Fears - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oK6vh1N6DOYcdWzGyuAxjtN
Food Feats - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJI4IG7pZ-y792AHI4vIbWD
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at https://mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Join the Mythical Society: https://www.mythicalsociety.com
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh's Instagram: https://instagram.com/mythicalchefjosh
Check Out Our Other Mythical Channels:
Good Mythical Morning: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmorning
Rhett & Link: https://youtube.com/rhettandlink
Ear Biscuits: https://applepodcasts.com/earbiscuits
Good Mythical MORE: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmore
Want to send us something? https://mythical.com/contact
Funnel Cake Grilled Cheese
Makes 2 sandwiches
Total time: 45 minutes
Active time: 40 minutes
Step 1: Funnel Cakes
* 1 quart vegetable oil
* 4 eggs
* 1 cup milk
* 2 Tbsp melted butter
* 1 ½ tsp salt
* 4 ounces shredded white cheddar
* 1 ½ cups flour
* 1 ½ tsp baking powder
1) Heat oil in a small, circular sauce pot until it reaches 375 degrees.
2) In one large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, shredded cheddar, milk, and melted butter. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
3) Use a silicone spatula to scrape the batter into a gallon ziploc bag then snip off a ½ inch hole. Hold the bag over the oil and gently squeeze to create an even stream of batter while moving the bag in a figure 8 motion until the surface area of the pot has been covered.
4) Fry for one minute then, very carefully, use a fork to flip the funnel cake over and fry for 30 seconds on the other side. Remove fro the oil then let drain on paper towels.
* Small sauce pot filled with oil
* Large clear bowl (x2)
* Ziplock bag (gallon)
* Sheet pan lined with paper towels
Step 2: Strawberry Ketchup
* ½ cup water
* 1 Tbsp tomato paste
* 1 cup chopped strawberries
* ½ cup sugar
* 2 Tbsp white vinegar
* ¼ tsp ground ginger
* ⅛ tsp ground clove
* ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 tsp salt
1) Heat a small sauce pot on medium high heat. Add all ingredients to the pot, stir to combine, then allow to cook for 10 minutes while stirring.
2) When the strawberries have softened, add the mixture to a blender to puree, or use an immersion blender.
3) Continue to cook down while stirring for an additional 15 minutes, until the mixture has turned into a thick paste.
* Small saucepot
* Wooden spoon
* Stick blender
* Cutting board
* Chef knife
Step 3: Grill It
* 1 bowl sliced strawberries
* 4 funnel cakes
* ¼ cup strawberry ketchup
* 8 slices quality White American cheese (like Boar’s head)
* 2 Tbsp butter
* ¼ cup powdered sugar
1) Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Add two slices of white american cheese to the ugly side of each funnel cake (you’ll know which it is) then spread a healthy layer of strawberry ketchup on top of half the cheesed-up funnel cakes. Sandwich the funnel cakes together.
2) Heat ½ Tbsp butter in a pan on medium heat (or use a panini press if you have one!). When the butter is melted, add one sandwich to the pan, and use a spatula to press it all down. Flip after about 5 minutes, and continue to cook for an additional 4 on the other side. Remove from the pan and pop it in the oven for an additional 5 minutes just to melt the cheese
3) Please share it with your friends I’m pretty sure they will love it and if they don’t that’s ok because you tried your hardest and that’s what really matters.
* Metal spatula
* Sheet pan with silpat underneath
* Knife for cutting
* Cutting board