Easy Two-Ingredient Tortillas (Quarantine Kitchen)
Today, Josh, Nicole, and Trevor are showing you 3 easy flour recipes to make at home using the recipes below! MK #014
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/mythicalkitchen?sub_confirmation=1
Check out our weekly podcast, A Hot Dog Is A Sandwich! https://www.mythical.com/hotdog
Click the bell icon so you'll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJhk71Ip3rIzHOFY3Edw2pw
Snack Smash - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oKYv5beEZpH5hP8aA5ahGKQ
Food Fears - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oK6vh1N6DOYcdWzGyuAxjtN
Food Feats - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJI4IG7pZ-y792AHI4vIbWD
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at https://mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Join the Mythical Society: https://www.mythicalsociety.com
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh's Instagram: https://instagram.com/mythicalchefjosh
Flour Tortilla - 0:44
Flour Pasta - 5:47
Garlic Butter Biscuits - 11:35
Breakfast Burrito - 17:39
* 2 cups flour
* ½ tsp salt
* ¼ cup butter
* ¾ cup water
1) Whisk together flour and salt. Cut butter into small cubes, add to flour, then rub together with your hands until the fat disappears into the flour.
2) Stir in 110 degree water to the flour and mix with a fork until a shaggy dough forms.
3) Dump out onto surface and knead briefly with your hands until it forms a solid ball. If too sticky, add some more flour.
4) Divide the dough into 4 pieces, round them into discs, and let sit covered for about 30 minutes.
5) Roll dough out into very thin circles then griddle in a hot, dry, nonstick pan just until no longer translucent.
Pasta From Scratch
* 2 Cups Flour
* 3 eggs, room temp
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 teaspoon salt
1) Boil water in a pot. Add enough salt to make it salty like the ocean.
Begin your pasta by taking flour and pouring it on your surface.
2) Make a well.
3) Add your eggs to the well.
4) Add olive oil and salt to the well.
5) Use chopsticks to combine the ingredients.
6) Knead until stretchy, smooth, and firm.
7) Cover in plastic and let rest for like 30 minutes.
8) Remove pasta and roll out on a floured surface.
9) Fold pasta over itself until you get a rolled up burrito.
10) Flour your knife and cut into your desired noodle thickness.
11) Unfurl pasta and coat in flour. Drop in water until done, about 2 minutes.
12) Have some butter to toss the pasta in and sprinkle with parmesan.
Biscuits and Garlic Butter
* 2 cups flour
* ½ tbsp baking soda
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1 Cup milk (or buttermilk)
* 1 tsp salt
* ½ cup (1 stick) cold, cubed butter
* 1 egg
Soft butter, salt, olive oil, black pepper, garlic
1) Preheat oven to 400F
2) In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt)
3) Add ¼in cubes of butter to dry ingredients
4) Using your hands or a pastry blender, mix dough until it has a mealy texture and the butter is in pea sized chunks
5) Add milk and mix by hand or with a fork until the dough comes together
6) Pull off 2 tbsp sized chunks and form into balls
7) Place dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and egg wash
8) Bake for about 15-17 minutes at 400F
9) For the garlic butter, add soft butter to mixing bowl and add in salt, black pepper, garlic, and olive oil to taste. For 1 stick or ½ cup butter, add about ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, 1tsp olive oil, and 1tsp minced garlic or 1 clove crushed garlic.
10) Pull biscuits and let rest for 10 minutes before brushing or dipping in garlic butter
* 2 small potatoes, diced
* 1 tsp oil
* ¼ tsp salt
* 2 eggs
* 2 strips bacon
* 2 Tbsp shredded cheddar
* 2 tsp mayo
* 1 tsp Hot sauce
* Flour tortillas
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Finely dice potatoes and toss with salt and oil. Roast for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
2) Dice bacon and add to a cold pan. Turn the heat on medium and move bacon around until fat is rendered and bacon is crispy. Drain half the fat.
3) Whisk eggs in a bowl
4) Whisk together hot sauce and mayo.
5) Lay down a handful of shredded cheese to a tortilla, then potatoes, then hot sauce mayo, and griddle to seal.