Cheez-It Ravioli Recipe
Today, Mythical Chef Josh is teaching you how to make an old Italian classic, Cheez-It Ravioli. MK #025
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/mythicalkitchen?sub_confirmation=1
Check out our podcast, A Hot Dog Is A Sandwich! https://www.mythical.com/hotdog
Click the bell icon so you'll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJhk71Ip3rIzHOFY3Edw2pw
Snack Smash - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oKYv5beEZpH5hP8aA5ahGKQ
Food Fears - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oK6vh1N6DOYcdWzGyuAxjtN
Food Feats - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJI4IG7pZ-y792AHI4vIbWD
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at https://mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Join the Mythical Society: https://www.mythicalsociety.com
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh's Instagram: https://instagram.com/mythicalchefjosh
Check Out Our Other Mythical Channels:
Good Mythical Morning: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmorning
Rhett & Link: https://youtube.com/rhettandlink
Ear Biscuits: https://applepodcasts.com/earbiscuits
Good Mythical MORE: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmore
Want to send us something? https://mythical.com/contact
Dough - 0:32
Build - 4:14
Cook - 9:12
Plate - 11:34
Step 1: Make your pasta
* 2 Cups Cheez Its
* 2 Cups Flour
* 3 eggs +3 egg yolks
* 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1) Add Cheez Its and flour to a food processor and process on high until there are no more chunks of cracker.
2) Pour out your Cheez It flour mixture onto a large surface and form into a well with a large divot in the center.
3) In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, egg yolks and olive oil together, then pour mixture into the middle of your flour well. Use a fork to gradually mix flour into the liquid, then when a shaggy dough forms, use your hands to knead it into a solid ball, then flatten it into a disc. Wrap it in plastic and let it hang out at room temperature for half an hour.
4) Cut the dough in half then use a pasta roller or a rolling pin and roll your pasta out into 2 separate large sheets. Make the sheets thinner than you think the sheets should be. You should be able to hold your hand behind it and see each finger.
* Food processor
* Small mixing bowl
* Plastic wrap
* Rolling pin
Step 2: Fill your Pasta
* 1 cup ricotta
* ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar
* ¼ tsp black pepper
* 2 eggs
1) Whisk together 1 egg with the ricotta, cheddar, and black pepper, and set aside.
2) Whisk your second egg in a separate small bowl and coat one sheet of pasta in a thin layer of egg wash.
3) Lay a Tablespoon of cheese mixture out in rows, spaced about 2 inches apart on your egg washed pasta sheet.
4) Lay the second sheet on top of it, then use your fingers to trace around the filling mounds, pressing out all the air bubbles.
5) Use a ravioli cutter—or pizza cutter, or knife—to cut the dough into squares, making sure the sheets of pasta have stuck together. If they haven’t press down with your fingers and recut the squares.
* Medium mixing bowl
* Pastry brush
* Ravioli cutter
Step 3: Cook and sauce
* 12 ravioli
* 6 cloves minced garlic
* 4 Tbsp butter
* ½ cup pasta water
* 1 Tbsp minced chives
1) Heat about a quart of water in a large sauce pot and salt heavily. When the water comes to a boil, add your ravioli, and boil for 6 minutes. Before you drain the water, reserve ½ cup for sauce.
2) Heat a large sautee pan on medium-high heat and add your butter. When the butter melts, add the minced garlic and sautee for 2 minutes, until fragrant. Add the pasta water, stir, and let reduce for 90 seconds. Toss in your ravioli and sautee until most of the sauce has soaked into the pasta, then, right before you take it off the heat, add your chives and toss.
3) Plate and garnish with additional chives.
* Large sauce pot
* ½ measuring cup
* Sautee pan
* Silicone spatula