Cheetos Apple Pie Recipe | Mythical Kitchen
Today, Mythical Chef Josh is creating an apple pie infused with Cheetos! Make your own version with the recipe below! MK #004
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/mythicalkitchen?sub_confirmation=1
This recipe was inspired by 'Alternate Universe Snacks', GMM #1685: https://youtu.be/VUEXPAHqmIs
Click the bell icon so you'll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJhk71Ip3rIzHOFY3Edw2pw
Snack Smash - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oKYv5beEZpH5hP8aA5ahGKQ
Food Fears - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oK6vh1N6DOYcdWzGyuAxjtN
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at https://mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Join the Mythical Society: https://www.mythicalsociety.com
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh's Instagram: https://instagram.com/mythicalchefjosh
Check Out Our Other Mythical Channels:
Good Mythical Morning: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmorning
Rhett & Link: https://youtube.com/rhettandlink
Ear Biscuits: https://applepodcasts.com/earbiscuits
Good Mythical MORE: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmore
Want to send us something? https://mythical.com/contact
Cheetos Apple Pie
Makes 1 pie (serves 8)
Total time: 65 minutes
Active time: 40 minutes
Step 1: Cheetos Pie Crust
* 1 bag crunchy Cheetos
* 3 cups flour
* 2 cups sugar
* ½ cup melted butter
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) Blend up an entire bag of crunchy Cheetos in a food processor. If you do not have a food processor, place Cheetos in a large Ziploc bag and bash with a blunt object until it forms fine crumbs.
3) In a food processor, blend 4 cups of the Cheeto crumbs with flour, sugar, and melted butter. Or just stir it all together by hand with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
4) Use your fingers to press the Cheeto crumb crust around the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan, making sure the crust goes all the way up the walls. Bake the crust alone for 15 minutes and remove. Keep the oven at 400 degrees!
* Food processor
* Large mixing bowl
* Small saucepot
* Pie pan
Step 2: Apple Filling
* 8 medium Honeycrisp apples cut into large cubes (or whatever apple, who cares!)
* ½ cup granulated sugar
* 4 Tbsp Cheeto Puffs dust
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 4 Tbsp butter
1) While the crust is baking, peel apples then slice into ½ inch chunks. You can also do slices but… chunks are better #teamchunk.
2) Heat butter over high in a large sautee pan until melted and toasty. Add apples, sugar, and salt to the pan and sautee for 15 minutes until the apples have broken down and a caramel starts to form on the bottom of the pan.
3) Cover in Cheeto dust and continue to sautee for an additional 5 minutes.
* Veggie peeler
* Small Cheffy knife
* Cutting board
* Saute pan with high edges
* Wooden spoon
Step 3: Streusel and Bake
* 1 bag Crunchy Cheetos
* ¼ cup flour
* ½ cup granulated sugar
* 4 Tbsp cold butter cut into cubes
* 1 baked cheetos pie dough
* 1 portion apple pie filling
* 1 bottle Reddi Whip
* ½ cup Cheetos Puffs dust
1) Dump a handful of Cheetos into a Ziploc bag and use a blunt object to smash it into coarse crumbs.
2) Gently toss 1 cup of cheeto crumbs with flour, sugar, and butter cubes.
3) Pour your apple pie filling into the pie crust then add the streusel topping on top. Bake on the bottom rack in the oven for 25 minutes, just until streusel topping is browned.
4) Allow pie to cool for at least 2 minutes, then slice and serve topped with whipped cream and Cheeto dust.
* 1 gallon Ziploc bag
* Rolling pin
* Medium clear bowl
* Wooden spoon
Get Mythical Kitchen gadgets and equipment!
* Pots and Pans - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B49H5CG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
* Instant Read Thermometer - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F59K0IW/ref=twister_B00NMQGAPS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
* Immersion Blender - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J1AWUR0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
* Dehydrator - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M6AZ863/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&psc=1
* Vitamix Blender - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0758JHZM3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
* Food Processor - https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DFP-14BCNY-Processor-Brushed-Stainless/dp/B01AXM4WV2?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1
* Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QBDMCKH/ref=twister_B07XKC8VN4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1