3 Homemade Breads Easier Than Sourdough
Today, Josh, Nicole, and Trevor are teaching you easy ways to make beer bread, bagels, and white bread using the recipes below! MK #019
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/mythicalkitchen?sub_confirmation=1
Check out our podcast, A Hot Dog Is A Sandwich! https://www.mythical.com/hotdog
Click the bell icon so you'll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJhk71Ip3rIzHOFY3Edw2pw
Snack Smash - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oKYv5beEZpH5hP8aA5ahGKQ
Food Fears - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oK6vh1N6DOYcdWzGyuAxjtN
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at https://mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh's Instagram: https://instagram.com/mythicalchefjosh
Check Out Our Other Mythical Channels:
Good Mythical Morning: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmorning
Rhett & Link: https://youtube.com/rhettandlink
Ear Biscuits: https://applepodcasts.com/earbiscuits
Good Mythical MORE: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmore
Want to send us something? https://mythical.com/contact
Beer Bread - 1:00
Cloud Bagels - 6:06
No-Knead Bread - 11:35
Grilled Cheese - 14:52
* 4 cups flour
* 16 ounces beer
* 1 Tbsp baking soda
* 1 tsp black pepper
* 2 tsp tsp salt
* ¼ cup honey
* 6 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp melted butter
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together salt, pepper, flour, and baking soda. In a separate mixing bowl whisk together beer, honey, and 4 Tbsp of melted butter.
2) Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and thoroughly mix.
3) Grease up a loaf pan with the additional Tbsp of melted butter, and pour batter in until its about ¾ of the way up the pan.
4) Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Allow to cool for at least half an hour before slicing.
Beer Bread Grilled Cheese
* 1 Tbsp butter
* 2 slices beer bread
* 1 slice american cheese
* 1 slice white cheddar cheese
* 1 Tbsp minced jalapenos
* 2 Tbsp honey
* 1 Tbsp hot sauce
* Optional ketchup
1) Heat half the butter in a pan over medium-low heat. Add a slice of american cheese to one slice of bread and cheddar to the other slice of bread. Spread some minced jalapenos between the cheese then sandwich it together.
2) While the sandwich is grilling, whisk together honey and hot sauce for a dankity dank dip.
3) Add the sandwich to the pan and cook for 5 minutes over medium-low heat, then remove from pan, add remaining butter, and cook for an additional 4 minutes, until cheese is melted.
* 3 eggs, separated
* ¼ tsp cream of tartar
* 3 tbsp cream cheese
* 1 tsp parmesan cheese
* ¼ tsp sugar
* Oil, for brushing
* 1 tbsp sesame seeds
* 1 tbsp flax seeds
* 1 tbsp chia seeds
* 1 tbsp caraway seeds
* 1 tbsp poppy seeds
* 1 tbsp dried minced garlic
* 1 tbsp dried minced onion
1) Preheat oven to 300.
2) Separate eggs. Place whites in bowl and whisk with sugar and cream of tartar. To make sure eggs are stiff peaks, flop the bowl over your head.
3) In another bowl, add cream cheese and yolks. Whip until smooth.
4) Fold yolk mixture with white mixture. Toss in your parm.
5)Form into rounds on a lined sheet pan.
6) Put in oven.
7) Bake for 10 minutes.
8) Create your bagel seasoning by adding all the spices/seeds/whatever ya got.
9) Remove bread from oven, brush with oil, sprinkle with bagel seasoning. Put in oven for another 10 minutes.
10) Remove and enjoy!
No-Knead White Bread—Trevor
* 3 ½ cups flour
* 1 ½ cups room temp water
* ½ tbsp salt
* 1tbsp yeast - active dry or instant
1) Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together until well combined.
2) Mix in water and stir together (it’s important that water is room temp and not too hot or too cold) until a shaggy ball of dough forms and there is no flour left on the bowl.
3) Cover bowl with plastic or moist towel and let sit at room temperature for two hours, then transfer and let rest in fridge for two hours.
4) Preheat oven to 450F
5) Take bowl out of fridge and uncover. Lightly flour a work surface and flour your hands before grabbing a chunk of dough about the size of a grapefruit and forming into a ball or log. Repeat with as many loaves as you want.
6) Place the dough on a parchment lined or lightly greased baking sheet.
7) Let the dough rise for about 60 minutes at room temp.
8) After the dough has risen, slash an x or 3 parallel lines in the top of the dough about a half inch deep and place the dough into the oven at 450F for about 25-30 minutes until it is golden brown.
9) Remove and let rest before entering gluten heaven.