3 Easy Rice Quarantine Hacks
Today, Mythical Chef Josh is showing you delicious ways to cook rice! Make this at home with the recipes below. MK #013
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/mythicalkitchen?sub_confirmation=1
Check out our weekly podcast, A Hot Dog Is A Sandwich! https://www.mythical.com/hotdog
Click the bell icon so you'll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJhk71Ip3rIzHOFY3Edw2pw
Snack Smash - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oKYv5beEZpH5hP8aA5ahGKQ
Food Fears - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oK6vh1N6DOYcdWzGyuAxjtN
Food Feats - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJI4IG7pZ-y792AHI4vIbWD
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at https://mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Join the Mythical Society: https://www.mythicalsociety.com
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh's Instagram: https://instagram.com/mythicalchefjosh
Check Out Our Other Mythical Channels:
Good Mythical Morning: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmorning
Rhett & Link: https://youtube.com/rhettandlink
Ear Biscuits: https://applepodcasts.com/earbiscuits
Good Mythical MORE: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmore
Want to send us something? https://mythical.com/contact
Cheesy Casserole - 2:42
Porridge - 7:07
Fried Rice - 12:03
Cheesy Rice Muffins/Loaf
* 2 cups milk
* 2 Eggs
* 8 slices American cheese
* 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
* 2 cups cooked white rice
1) Boil lots of water. Like a lot! At least a quart per cup of rice. Add rice to water and let boil for about 15 minutes, or until you taste a grain and it’s cooked. Drain rice then rinse in cold water until its no longer hot. Allow to sit and drain for a few minutes.
2) Mix eggs with cooked rice in a large mixing bowl..
3) Heat milk in a medium saucepan. Add salt and pepper. Add American cheese to the sauce and whisk until melted. Add sauce to the rice and stir to combine. Add half your cheddar cheese.
4) Spread rice mixture evenly across either a greased up muffin tin or a loaf pan and top with additional cheddar cheese. Bake at 375 until cheese has browned considerably around the edges, about 40 minutes.
Scrap Fried Rice
* 3 Tbsp vegetable oill
* ½ cup chopped onion (or whatever vegetable you got!)
* ½ cup chopped green beans (or whatever vegetable you got!)
* ½ cup chopped cabbage (or whatever vegetable you got!)
* 1 ½ cups cooked rice
* 1 egg
* 2 Tbsp soy sauce
* 1 ½ tsp honey
* Hot sauce to taste
1) Heat oil in a large sautee pan on high heat. When the oil starts smoking, add vegetables and sautee until slightly browned. Add rice and constantly break up with a spoon. Let cook in the oil for a few minutes until slightly golden. Add soy sauce, honey, and hot sauce if desired, and cook until sauce has evaporated. Push all rice to one side of the pan and add your egg. Scramble with the spoon until half the egg is solid and half is liquid then sautee with the rice.
* 1 cup cooked rice
* 3 cups milk
* 2 bananas
* 2 Tbsp Raisins
* Tbsp peanut butter
* ¼ cup + ¼ cup sugar
* ¼ cup frozen blueberries (or any fruit!)
1) Add rice, milk, bananas, raisins, and sugar into a pot and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally until the starch from the rice has made the milk extra thicc. Continue to stir while cooking for about 15 minutes, until the mixture looks like loose oatmeal. Stir in your peanut butter then turn off the heat.
2) In a separate pot, add blueberries and sugar. Cook for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
3) Ladle porridge into a bowl and top with blueberry sauce and chopped nuts.